Games Games & More Games

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Good night but PNG strikes again

I played poker at pokerpages last night. Started with $108k. I took 5 days off from playing! I did ok... I took a big 15k (play money) loss early on a hand I should have known better than to play the way I did. I had AK and the flop came K Q 8 with 2 hearts. I check the guy next to me bets 1/2 pot... folds to me. I call. Next card comes 10 of hearts. Guy bets small and I move in on him figuring he does not have the straight or flush and cannot call the bet and if he does have the king I have the kicker. This was a dumb play because he should not call me if he is beat and if he has me beat he will call. I was bluffing alot up until then and was starting to get some people to make dumb calls... well this time the guy called with a flush and straight sitting there with KQ... so I lost... Not a good play by me. A raise ok... but all my chips... silly. I managed to rebuy at 18k and work that up into the mid 60's so all in all it was an ok night. BUT... I played PNG heads up again . I can't figure this guy out. He took me for $3800. I must have given him close to $20k now. I think he bets when he any overcard, any pair, or any draw. If he happens to hit 2 pair or nuts he checks and calls to the river... If he checks or calls preflop he will most likely give up the hand easily. His way of backing off just enough not to pound you to death. To beat him I am going to have to be willing to drop my stack a few times... I tried playing super tight against him but he just beat me down a blind at a time...    read more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home