Games Games & More Games

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Tendonitis not better chess thriving

Ok... I took a week off and started throwing... it didn't hurt when I started to throw again but the poping in my elbow was still there. After 15 minutes my elbow was burning again. So darts are on hold until at least April 11th when I have an appointment with an Orthopedic Surgion. Chess going well. Playing better blitz than ever and playchess is going well. End game study has improved awareness in the late middle game, recognizing the middle game is ending and end game principles are becoming more important... ie centralization of the king... passed pawns... etc.. I have begun the task of cataloging my opening choices... my last computer crash killed my bookup files for italian, french, and cambridge springs... I forgot how long they took me to create... I will start with italian and build in french and philidor with reference help. I will fill in my current play against caro-kahn, scandinavian I will omit modern, pirc & sicilian as I don't really have anything prepared against them although I have started playing something of my own against the modern and don't know how "book" it is. After that I will work with my chess mentor to look at my openings... and then work to find appropriate choices for the blanks that need to be filled it. After that I will flush out my response to 1.e4 ... which is the Caro-Kann ... and then work with my chess mentor to find a suitable way to play against 1. d4 I currently am playing the budapest and kings indian against 1.d4 ... I am interested in the Dutch and the kings indian. I like the feel of the KID... and perhaps the grunfeld would be more suitable to my play. BUT... as I play the Caro-kann perhaps playing a slav or semi-slav would be more in order... I figure it will take me another couple weeks to finish my opening documentation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home