Games Games & More Games

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Rob and I and the Tarrasch

IE is not displaying the chess board properly Google Chrome, Safari, and Firefox all display the page correctly

I met up with Rob last night and we played a quick game in the Budapest and he was unfamiliar with it and I as able to get a piece up with a missed tactic. To his defense the man was tired out and his wife was going to have a baby the next day so... I don't take much stock in the game. But surprise someone with something new and they might not see what is coming! It is nice to be on the other side of that.

We decided to start looking at our defense to 1. d4 together since that is an area we can find common ground since I don't like anything that much that I am playing. So we started by looking at what he plays.



1.) d4 d6 2.) c4 d5 3.) Nc3 c5!?

The Tarrasch defense. My initial thought was that this is going to saddle black with an ICP position but we started looking at it. I had a hard time finding the line in NCO and didn't have my MCO with me so we looked at it together.

We came up with cxd and then cxd and spent quite some time trying to determine the right sequence of moves for White and finally arrived at Qa4+ as the key... after toying around with Qxd4 and seeing that checking makes things easier. Anyways the line ends up with Black a pawn down but ahead in development. I will look at the main lines another day specifically the Rubinstein variation.

Here is the analysis I worked out last night


A few example games in that line

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home