Games Games & More Games

Sunday, April 05, 2009

tactical blindness

I have a mild case of tactical blindness this morning. For some reason in doing 40 or so problems at cts I missed:
  • a combination that ends in a capture and the recapture isn't possible because the pawn is pinned to the queen.
  • A simple discovered attack on a loose queen with check by the piece that moved out of the way.
  • A simple pawn pinned to the queen problem.


I also lost a game this morning that was probably a draw (which I should have had the better half of.... ) in the endgame but I made major mistakes and lost. Playing up more lately is making me work harder to convert my "WINS".

Also noticed I had gone probably 100 games and only had 2 draws by stalemate. But in my last 50 or so game I have had 3 or 4 draws by repetition or because of lack of material... or it was a drawn king and pawn ending... I think this is because I am playing better. Once upon a time I either won by a gross blunder or lost via one. I have played more games lately that were fairly even or at least neither side saw the others blunders... I'll post that game I played this morning with analysis later as it is haunting me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home