Games Games & More Games

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Poker... playing better

Ok I played $.05/$.10 NL holdem last nite and made $12 in 1.5 hours. Really good nite. I played straight forward with little if any bluffing. Just played my cards. Got lucky to catch a bluffer in a big hand that I had him dominated and took down $5 in one hand. Other than that I made it 50 cents at a time.

I have to say I am understanding what is going on more and more now. I see the bluffer as a bluffer because of how many hands he wins in a period of time not in a localized hand or two. I am not playing so many weak/vulnerable hands against these maniacs. I also am noticing how it is profitable to play drawing hands against people who never make the correct size bets.... You know the type of table that has people betting 20 cents at a $1 pot... and they get mad when everybody calls and someone out draws their top pair. On that note... I was overcalling to much in those situations. Especally with a hand like QJ suited... on the flush draw... after a bet and 3 callers I am asking for trouble if my flush does hit.

The point is I am playing better and last nite was a good controlled nite of poker... It is still more FUN to be a maniac... but I would say it was more satisfying to win...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home