Games Games & More Games

Saturday, December 24, 2005

New Darts

I got some new stuff. I got Unicorn XL Shafts... I got some more pair shaped flights... and new darts... Unicorn World Champion Bob Anderson 24 gram 90% tungsten! I just really like the way they looked. I never threw them and just ordered them. I never did that before but I figured they looked so cool I just wanted them in my collection. I like them way better than my current set. The grip is awesome! No slipage... and I will not have to be licking my figers to grip these darts. And I am conviced that 23-24 is the correct weight for me. My old darts at 20 grams were nice (because they are narrow) but I lack the feel I wanted. I just stuggle with the release point. I threw for just a few minutes with the new darts and I was grouping and stacking darts... and hit a hat trick... 123... I really like them... They are ballanced darts. The gifter got them from A-Z darts...


The shafts that come with it are slick sticks.. .the aluminum base ones... They were bent and the flights misshaped. The reason was the case the darts come in... A great idea. The darts sit in a little cirular piece (the tips of the darts) that swivels out. There is a nice compartment for extra flights like the flight mate. It also has room for extra shafts. The problem is that when you close the cover it contacts the flights and compresses them just a bit. My impression of the slick sticks is that they look like more work that they are worth. The case... ? I'll keep an eye out for somebody that uses slim flights or mini's and give it to them...

As for the Unicorn XL nylon shafts. I like them BUT... the flights pop off 1/15 times they hit the board... and one is already bent or came that way (leaning towards came that way). I had a direct hit to the end of one of the shafts because the flight popped off... and it caused minimal damage. The shaft is still usable with no deficiency in arodynamics... I can't see hitting it with the flight still in there... I don't mind when flights pop off when the slide past another flight and the get flicked off... but just hitting the board??? that I don't like.

I really think these shafts will be very durable... Who knows I may just order some standard 2ba's...

2 Comments:

  • jsobo man, sweet darts! They really look great, super looking grip on it and a perfect weight. I have thrown a lot of weights in darts and 24 is perfect. There are darts out there that throw well that are not 24g, but the 24g darts are super super reliable. I love them. Looks like you got some nice ones.

    I got myself sone 20 gram GT2s and some interesting nylon stems I'll post about later. If you like the Unicorn XL's you'll _love_ these. I am anxious to throw them. I am also getting a board... I think... The presents have to wait until tomorrow.

    I agree with you about the slik stiks. I blogged about them a while back and I think they are okay. I do not use them because I prefer that the flights pop off EXTREMELY easily. So the slik stiks are not really for me. But I would use them in a pinch. Other than trapping the flights they are not too bad. I have the all nylon version. No aluminum at all.

    As for the case. I have yet to see a case (that darts are sold in) that does not smash the flights. All my cases that the darts came in are ina box in the basement and are pretty much useless. The best dart case made is the dartmaster solo. You can store your darts flights-on, and have them completely protected.

    Great darts jsobo. Congrats and Merry Christmas!

    By Blogger Zeeple, at 11:15 PM  

  • Thanks Zeeple... I have 2 solo's and another version that hold 4 sets of darts in those same plastic things.. I really thing the idea behind the case that it came with was cool... I'll take a pic of it and post it... I left my sd cards at work doh! So I'll do it tues or thurs

    By Blogger jsobo119, at 11:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home