Games Games & More Games

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

tactical malaise

My tactical malaise continues. I am starting to identify what is wrong with my thinking. I am failing to look at positions for tactical ideas and am falling into looking for moves. When I was on I was seeing the idea of the problems immediately because I was picking up on the tactical weaknesses and ideas. This was also allowing me to spot what I call "almost there tactics" which just require one piece to be gone or a piece moved or distracted.

I got the zone back for a couple of problems so I remember what it is like. I think the Predator at the Chess Board lessons I was reading helped develop that and I think I will spend some time going back over the lessons I have already completed as a refresher.

CTS stats

rating:         1376
RD:             21
total problems: 6124
today:          107

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home