Games Games & More Games

Friday, February 10, 2006

Tourney... did well

Won my first match in singles tourney... against I guy a bit better than me at scoring... he soundly beat me at cricket. But I won both 01 games because he couldn't get out. Both 301 dido and 501 fido he had at least 2 turns to get out before I had my chance. I took out the 301 game with my first dart at a double. In the 501 game I missed my first time then hit 16 double 8 to win... In the next round I played the guy who won the tourney and had 9 darts at an out to win and just couldn't hit it... if I would have hit my first one it would have been a 13 dart 301 game.

In the blind draw I drew perhaps the weakest player from the singles tourney. I scored her first game. It took 10 turns for her opponent to get in and she didn't get in until he had attempted to throw double 13... for three turns... She ended up winning. The other guy was getting darts close but she was often hitting inside the trip ring when aiming at doubles... it wasn't unusual for her to hit a 9 or a 4 when aiming at 20...

So I figure we are toast. The first match in our 501 fido I got us in first dart and the other team took 3 turns to get in so we had a good head start. I think I took out 56 and they were on 90 something... cricket we won... my partner hit a trip 15 and a trip 16 with her last darts at critical points. I triped on 20,19,18 & 17... and she hit the last bull to win the game... on to round 2

We are playing a team with a guy that I have seen win the singles tourney and have seen him hit back to back 180's in a tourney. However... his partner is the other woman in the tourney. She is not too bad. You can count on her to hit 1 per turn in cricket and can hit bulls... she will hit some trips...

We were getting killed... they got in on the first try and it took us 3 turns to get in... they had 5 tries to get out before we got our chance... and I nailed it... got killed in cricket but came back to within 5 points but needed to hit a bull and 3 16's to win... and they needed 1 bull... The 501 free in game we got 100 points down but they couldn't hit 27... they guy kept trying to throw an 11 I think... but kept hitting the double... he had lost it... he threw his darts a few time... very poor sport... I ended up taking out 47 by throwing 17, double 15. Not sure why I did it that way I just new I could hit it and I didn't want to give them another chance...

Finals... We are playing a very good player and they guy I beat in singles. We managed to win the dido 501 because we got in first and managed a 100 point lead. They passes us and had 2 turns to double and then I hit taking out 87. We got trounced in the cricket game. We won the fido game because the other team couldn't double again... they missed 3 turns at it... and then I got 47... I tried it again 17... wire 15... dropped dart almost missed the board... I was rattled because I really thought the first one was in... they missed again... and then WHAM my partner hits it with the 1st dart. Winners! Go figure... well the top 3 of the top 4 in the singles didn't play the blind draw but still we won... Not with good darts just good doubles... and BAD.. BAD doubles by our opponents

3 Comments:

  • wow.. that really sounds like a great night out. congrats on the fine victory. just think, if the poor sport guy hadn't surrendered to his emotions he might have beat you. did you use the m_adams?

    By Blogger Zeeple, at 2:32 PM  

  • yup m_adams it was. Also when we won the other guy got mad and quit his turn after hiting trip 19 while on 59... when I pointed out he could have thrown at double 1 he shrugged it off... but I could tell he hadn't realized he hadn't busted...

    I really like the m_adams...

    I found a new dart I think I would really like... http://www.a-zdarts.com/stl/herogolden.asp

    twomlow... it is short like I like... I think I am going to throw the adams for a while... they are helping me to get better... I am really working on throwing smooth...

    By Blogger jsobo119, at 8:29 PM  

  • You should consider designing you're own "fantasy" dart and asking Jeff PIckup to make it for you. It be more expensive that the Unicorn stuff probably, but it would be the exact dart you are looking for.

    By Blogger Zeeple, at 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home