Games Games & More Games

Friday, January 20, 2006

I have a problem

I can't stop wanting to get more darts. For some reason... eventhough I am throwing my 20 gram hammer heads fairly well I want new darts. I feel like I am fighting my darts. Well more like I lack the feel to throw them well for very long. Like it is super easy for me to completely loose my rithm. I can throw them so so if it use a very jerky throwing motion but I tend to wank to the right and loose fine control that way. I just end up spraying... so trips are luck. When I throw smooth I have a hard time keeping the feel. When I have it I am very very accurate and trips come... like if I hit just low I can put the next one right above it. Other times I am all over the place.

I got a set of 24 gram darts for Christmas but I just can't get them to go in the board at the angle I want... (slightly tail up)... I can throw really good groupings but I also have a really hard time putting a dart under a dart that is tail down. I just can't do it. I also can't stack darts when they are flying like that. But I could put 3 right next to each other. 24 grams seams to give me more feel for the release point.

I went to the dart shop today and threw some Purists 24 gram... I liked them but they went in the board like Taylor does it (Not accuracy but angle)... straight or just a bit tail down... urg... tried longer shafts and for some reason that made it worse... I went back to short and was able to throw them well enough.. but not better than my 20 gram hammer heads... so I tried out some Martin Adams 24 gram darts. They were short and have the grip I like. I really liked them. I need to keep the speed up on them or they really drop at the end for me but they fly just right for me. The go in just tail up and I love the feel I get with them. I am going to throw with them over the next couple days and see if I can achieve the same scores with them as I am accustomed to.

I really think these darts will allow me to practice throwing smoothly and thus make the breakthrough to the next level I am looking for. I want to throw 2.0-2.4 ho hum games of cricket with my good games in the 2.5-2.8 range with the once a session +3 mpt game. I want to get my x01 ave up to the mid 50's and throw some games in the 60+ mpt range at least once a session (1/5 games).

I just hope the wife doesn't get too mad I bought more darts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home