Games Games & More Games

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Threw ok

Before the match I couldn't hit anything... I was all over the place... then I figured out I wasn't reaching for the board before throwing... so my sholder wasn't in line with my elbow, wrist, and eyes...

I fixed the problem and threw a decent game before league... our captain saw me throwing bad and asked me if I wanted to cork for us in game one... I usually do the corking... I saw him throw a 171 just a few minutes before)... I hesitated and then confidently said yes... I put one on the wire... you would have to hit a cork to beat me...

I then started the night with a 66 I think... I don't remember but I do remember that both Ryan and I hit over 60 both of our first two turns... (it was team, 4 players per team 801)...

I threw well except durring the 3rd game I got a bit sloppy but did manage to hit the double 16 on my first dart to take the game... I am happy with my throwing... especially for the limited practice of late. The throwing on Thursday did help...

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like a good night out jsobo. What do you mean when you say you didn't 'reach for the board'? Is that a technique for lining up properly or something?

    Congrats on the wins.

    By Blogger Zeeple, at 9:21 AM  

  • Good question... when I lazily just hold my hand towards the board my shoulder isn't fully extended... so I would have to lean my head to the right to get the shoulder, elbow, wrist, dart, and my eye in line with each other... (in one plane)... or I can pull my shoulder under my chin... I generally accomplish this by first reaching for the board while holding my dart (towards the target)... this gets everything in that plane... then I bring my upper arm back past trowing position and adjust the dart up/down to aim... as I move the dart slowly forward to verticle... stop for slight pause... then throw...

    So for me... reaching for the board is tellling myself to keep that sholder in... and rember when I extend my arm prethrow to really reach for the board so that shoulder comes in...

    analogous to all those crazy little league coaches who say "keep your back elbow up" what they are really saying is keep your hands up... the hands are important... not the elbow... for me it is the shoulder not really reaching for the board...

    lol...

    By Blogger jsobo119, at 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home