Games Games & More Games

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

24 the hard way

I actually threw fairly well last night. I didn't win my 01 game but I got out to a big lead. I just wired the double 18 4 times then wired the double 9... then missed the double 3... and lost... My singles cricket game was a workman like performance. No back and forth. I got a lead and never looked back. I hit trips on 18,17,16, & 15. I got stuck on bulls for 3 turns I didn't hit one... Then I methodically popped 1 a turn for the next 3 and won.

But I hit 7 bulls for point in my doubles cricket game... and finished by hitting double bull, trip 19 (to close it out needed at least 2)... then a single 18. Next turn Bull, trip 18 to close. single 15. Next turn Bull, single 15 for the win.

My partnet, Rob, opened bulls by hitting double and a single. We were way behind because they opened and pointed on 20,19,18 in 2 turns... Fortunately we caught up on points on 17's 16's & 15's where I went trip crazy. They just couldn't hit bulls and we were pounding them... forcing them to throw more points on the open numbers... and forcing them to throw 3 darts...

It was fun.

In the team 801 game I scored 60+ on my first 4 turns then got 40 crazy. My first attempt to check out I was left with 24. I threw a 9 (wow that got away from me).. then hit trip 3... then double 3... I had to laugh... 24 the hard way!

2 Comments:

  • jsobo good to see you posting again, I was beginning to think that elbow injury got out of hand. Sounds like you had a terrific night of bulls last night and hitting the money shot for the team 801.. well that's just gotta be the feel good moment of the night. I have never hit the money shot in a team game that I can remember. Well done!

    By Blogger Zeeple, at 9:49 AM  

  • Thank you... Strangly enough I think last session I hit it the first 5 weeks of our season. My mates come to expect it... especially when we are on something bazzar like 3 left or we are on double 7...

    It has been a tough season dealing with nerves and my messed up elbow... We are going to take the summer off and just play tourneys and pick up the team thing in the fall.

    I was close to hitting 180 before durring and after league. I had moments were I was grouping 3 darts right on the trip 20... I hit the first 2 in 5 times that nite and 3 times I wired out high... 1 time I put on in the trip 1 and 1 time I missed the scoring area (lol)... I also hit 2 trip 20's 2 other times but with either the last 2 or 1st and last..

    It really felt good to get my throw back a bit. My elbow had no pain at all and I am ready to practice again but I am going on vac... so I will have to forgo practicing until I return... but I will have a 180 coming in late April or Early May.

    Nice to hear from you Zeeple!

    By Blogger jsobo119, at 1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home