Games Games & More Games

Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Poker update and Chess

Played holdem at Rob's over the weekend. Only four guys. I doubled up over the first 3 hours but got slowly drained over the next hour and made a very very very very dumb play... the stupid bet large where you will only get folded to or all-in'ed where you know you are beat...except I doubled up on the stupidity and called the all in... I was steaming and blew the rest of my chips on the next hand... I sat out for 20 minutes then jumped back in at him big on the first 3 hands... I came in agressive... with KQ suited for 3x the big blind got 2 callers... then hit 10 J 3 on the flop. I bet 5 x the big blind and got 1 caller. The A on the turn and I bet 5x the big blind again... and the other guy folded. The next hand I raised preflop and bet on the flop with nothing and everyone folded. The next hand I have big slick (not suited) and the flop came out KKJ. I bet and one person stayed in and raised me. next card was junk.. a 3 or a 7 or something... I bet because I was sure that the other guy thought I was bluffing. He raised me again I called. The final card came down A. I bet large.. he called with Q-10. So at that point I was back to even. Over the next couple of hours I went up and down and finished 10 big blinds in the hole. considering I droped 50 bigs earlier... and bought back in ... that is not bad for the nite... I learned my leason. As for turn based chess... I am enjoying it. I think it is a better augmentation to tactical problems. I need to work in some 15 minute to 30 minute chess at least once a week though. So far I am winning one game and in serious trouble in another... the other 5 games I am playing 3 are still in the book opening, 1 is a very very drawish petroff, and one is in the fisher defense to the kings gambit(which is a bit precarious for me but is suppose to be favorable... maybe?).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home