Games Games & More Games

Monday, October 24, 2005

Dart Practice

IMHO there are two types of practice... 1. trying to work on throw... 2. Practicing acuracy. Type one doesn't need to be fun... you don't do it all the time, just when you think something is wrong with your stroke. IE. darts sticking in the board pointing to the right. The second type of practice needs to be fun and measurable. This is how you track if you are getting better.

I currently trow cricket practicle press... measure marks per turn. I like this game... I also throw 20 turns at 20's to measure a 3 dart average. I need a game to play that works on doubles.

The problem is that I am not very good... and around the world gets boring. I think 25 sound like fun but I don't think I could complete... I think I am going to make up my own game. You get 6 dart (2 turns)... you throw at the double 1... then move to double 2... if you miss with all 6 subtract 1 from your score... if you hit add the number of times you hit to your score. Go in the following order.

16, 8, 4, 2, 1, 20, 10, 5, 12, 6, 3, 18, 9, 14, 7, B, 19, 17, 15, 13, 11

The big one
16,8,4,2,1
Ok
20,10,5
12,6,3
halfers
18,9
14,7
Non-doublers
B
19
17
15
13
11

I think a new game I will play for cricket practice is... try to throw 20-15 in six darts. Everytime you miss go back to the start (20). But I will play it backwards to get more practice on 16's. Well I think these games will focus more on improvement. The key is I need to practice...

1 Comments:

  • That is the EXACT order I practice my doubles in. Except I do not include Bull in doubles practice. I call that 'Doubles by Priority.' In fact I wrote a perl script that will generate a random practice sequence for me and when it gives me doubles to throw, it further randomizes among these:

    By Priority
    Ascending
    Decending
    Clockwise
    Counter-clockwise

    By Blogger Zeeple, at 8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home