Games Games & More Games

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

New Grip

Worked on dart throw last night… tried to work out wiggle in flight… and darts pointing in to the left… figured out it was my thumb placement… took me about 20 minutes of experimenting to find a grip that both worked and didn’t make my hand tierd… or that I could consistently recreate… so after 30 minutes I started really throwing to try to see if I should stick with the new grip (is it viable for league… or should I wait until this session is over to change). I threw for 10 minutes before my kids got home… and I was really grouping my darts… I threw 3 hat tricks in that time… in about 8 turns at bulls… In one stretch I hit hat trick… (3 single bulls)… followed by another 3 dart turn (double and a single) with all two of the darts touching but one just outside the bull ring… then another hat trick… all three darts touching in a horizontal line just to the right of the double bull… I figured out a bunch of my double ones are caused by the back end of my dart swinging around the tip from right to left… hence fiying past center and sticking in pointing to the right… and pulling the dart a ½ inch to the right from where I let it go. It was all luck of the draw… how far did the dart rotate or swing back… and occasionally I would throw a normal dart (straight…no tail swing)… So the new throw seams to allow better groupings…

Bad news… I tried to throw again after I put my kids to bed and my elbow started popping… I experienced that one time before and it was when I threw and got warmed up… then took a hour off and tried to throw again… so hopefully it will be better tonight… BTW… doing curls with a dumbbell seamed to help stop the popping (originally) so I did some of those last night also…

1 Comments:

  • Great blog. I have bookmarked it and I look forward to more posts. BTW, A buddy of mine also does light exercises with a dumbbell to strengthen his shoulder. He says it has helped his game 100% since his shoulder no longer gets to sore half way through the league night.

    By Blogger Zeeple, at 8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home