Games Games & More Games

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Darts: managing the elbow

Ok its going well... have learned the difference between OK pain and bad pain with my elbow... ok poping and bad poping... so I am managing it ok... did some practice this week and didn't blow league by having elbow problems... although I did have to take 800mg of moltrin to get the inflamation down so it would stop poping... (the poping is my ulnar nerve prolapsing over the bone of the elbow and it feals like you hit your funny bone... and makes my ring and pinky finger go numb if it happens to much... )...

So I beat Ryan at cricket in a warmup game... must have averaged over 3 darts per turn in that game... Had a couple 5 dart turns... (19's, 17's) had a 6 dart turn (single 16, trip 16 (to close)... and trip 15)... then double bull on first turn... then double dull on next turn... also 3 fat one's the 20's and 18's... there was also some scoring back and forth between my 19's and 17's vs his 20's and 18's... either way I rarely beat him and finally I did so by throwing a good game vs his good game.

I threw well durring league... we got another 2 write-ups... Ryan and I threw a 36 dart 501 dido... not that great but it is a write-up in our league... ??? we also thew a 37 dart 601 DIDO team game (4 of us)... not quite as good as our 28 darter last week but solid. I think we would win every game if we got under 40 darts...

After leage I played Steve who I have been tutoring. He is making progress and as he says... He likes to test himself against his teacher... The first game was almost close and then I blanked 3 turns on bulls and he closed bulls in one turn and scored 25 on them... and we were in a 1-to-1 bull race... I then hit... Next game I closed everything and even hit a hat trick to end the game. When it was over he only had 18's closed, 1 19, and 1 20. All the tripples and 3 fatties freaked him out.

Next week we play Junior's Darters... and they are the team that got under my skin... I am going to throw mad darts against them... we will win!

I wish I could practice every day... I want to throw tonight... as I am off tomorrow but I might just take the nite off and watch ER with my wife and then go to a tourney tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home